Friday, October 31, 2008

September Surprise at Welk's!!!!!

Grandma Weideman had planned to have a Birthday Surprise for Aunt Stephanie down in San Diego. So she scheduled a flight for me and a shuttle over to Welk Resorts. I waited there in the Lobby for a few hours. Stephanie, Doreen, Winn, and Grandma ended up in Palm Springs. They accidently took the wrong turn. So I recieved a covert call telling me that they would be running a bit late.

When they finally arrived, I saw Grandma out the window and stood to the side so Aunt Stephanie wouldn't see me. Somehow she walked, or ran through the Lobby to the Ladies room having an awful asthma attack. I didn't even see her! I was so worried that she would see me!

Grandma and I went to the Ladies Room and I walked in, Grandma holding the door, Doreen right behind her, and I asked Aunt Stephanie "Are you alright?" "Do you need help?". Well she turned around looked me in the eye and said "NO, I am here with my mother, thanks anyways". She didn't recognize me until I said "Steph"and held her shoulders and looked her back in the eye. It was so funny. She was so confused. She looked at me, looked at Grandma, then at me........ WOW! Was she surprised. It went off so well! Grandma hit a HOME RUN!

We swam in the pool, took a water aerobic class. Doreen wore a bright yellow hat! And Grandma had the cutest sandles on! While in the pool, We met a man and started talking. He heard I was from Utah. Come to find out, not only did he graduate from the same High School as Grandma, they sang the "Good Old Davis High" song right there in the pool! He new the Jespersons our neighbors, Valorie Foster's cousin. They lived in San Diego with them for years. This is a small world. His daughter lives in Pleasant Grove and her husband runs "Peg Leg Paintball"! There names were Bill and Marilyn. Arlyn and Jackie were shocked when I told them.

We went to a 50's men's occapella group. That was so fun! We also saw a play called "Alter Boys", It wasn't as good as the other group. But it was fun just being together!

We had a Birthday Bash for Grandma on her Birthday and Doreen did the cutest games. I used Amber's Camera to take pictures. Hope Steph posts them here for me.

It was so relaxing after having so many hard blows the months before. It was so nice to be with so many wonderful women!!!!!!

The icing on the cake was going to the San Diego Temple. I hadn't been there since Jen and Steve were married. I took special interest in the areas that they had been and remembered how blessed I felt helping Jennifer to dress for her sealing and then put on her wedding dress. The memories flooded my heart. I felt sad that Jen and I haven't been back to the temple together. Anyways, we did a session and I begged Steph to do initiatories with me. OH what a blessing that was. I can't express in words how I felt. I cried the whole time. The sisters said they felt the Spirit so strong when we were in there and said when we left, "Come back soon!". We walked out and down the stairwell where Grandma, Doreen and Winn were patiently waiting. We had told the temple workers we had a half hour, evidently 2 hours went by....... There were some pretty hungry folks waiting for us.

It was hard to leave. I felt so much peace and relaxation and sooooo loved! But I needed to be home, and get back to real life. As they drove off my heart sunk.

When I got home, Kevin and Dad were there to greet me. It felt wonderful to see them!

No comments: