Saturday, November 1, 2008

Foam Clothing!!!

I am going to take pictures next wednesday and post them. It's pretty awesome watching the sister's in action.

I have been helping sisters in our ward make foam clothing for the last few weeks. I finally went to Mount Pleasant and got my 7 sheets of foam, 48 yards fabric, thread and am ready to start mine. On Wednesday Night I was helping one of the gals with a raglan sleeve and sweet Rebecca helped me to cut out all my foam for Nick and Kevin's. She also started cutting the fabric and pinning. It is Saturday and the stuff is still on the breakfast bar. That bar is great for cutting out fabric. That was the first thing I thought of when I looked at this house!

The clothing is meant to be worn just like thermal underware. So you have to put something "Not Cotton" over it (and not cotton undies too!) , that's water resistant and breathable. I am just concerned with getting my 6 sets done for Christmas. Then comes the hats, gloves and boots. It is suppose to keep you warm to -40 with 1" foam and like -20 with 1/2 inch. I am making one in the 1" for Jeff. (I even bought the axe, shovel, and aqua rain filtration system. I know I have a years supply of food and 7 of those 55 gal. barrels full of water. 1 gal/per person/ per day for drinking only!)

If you go to www.preparemyfamily.com they have some really incredible information. I went to Rebecca Lee's Emergency Prep class several months ago. I bought her CD and packet of information. She has the most thorough class I have every been too.

Emergency Prep has been in my heart for over a year now. I know that we have to be prepare in all ways. First Spiritually, Second Temporally and thirdly to help our neighbors. Rebecca Lee suggest a book to read it was called "Left to Tell". Wow! It was powerful! Truly a woman of faith, and has Christlike abilities to forgive. Heavenly Father has really been prompting me. Other ways too, I keep thinking that I need to set up some type organization to hand out blankets for the homeless, in this county. I tried to donate my Dad's clothes to the homeless shelter, but there wasn't one here, only in Salt Lake.

I was so excited that Sean was excited to get an emergency kit and water together. There is no doubt that another earthquake is on the horizon. He said that Selena's parents are very prepared too, and they just live around the corner.

No comments: