Saturday, December 13, 2008

The Reason for the Season 2008

For me, Christmas is a promise of hope. Hope for me, hope for my family, hope for an eternity spent with my family, hope that I will see the Savior and Heavenly Father again.
The birth of Christ is the beginning of His life here on earth. I have been thinking about Mary and Joseph, what terrific parents they must have been. They were chosen to raise the Son of God. What a responsibility that was! All of the normal duties of being a new parent, and then to have such an incredible task ahead of them. Schooling the Son of God.
As a mother, I too had a sacred responsibility. It was up to Dad and I to raise you and teach you about Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. And how to return to Him.
I love the scripture in 2 Nephi 25:26,
"And we talk of Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies, that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins".
That says it all. Mary and Joseph held the Savior in their arms. They cradled him. They taught him about his literal Father in Heaven. And He grew up to fulfill the prophecies and be the atoning sacrifice that was needed for mankind. He has already paid the price for us.
My most sacred hope is that my children will be humble and walk uprightly before the Lord. Inspite of imperfect parenting, they will come unto Christ and allow Him be their Redeemer.
Merry Christmas.
Eternally,
MOM

No comments: