Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A Christmas Carol


We went to "A Christmas Carol" friday night December 5, 2008. We had 4 tickets and invited Jen and Steve to come along. They weren't sure they wanted to go. I had never seen it on stage and the kids just kept asking, is it a local high school thing or a good production. I told them that Margaret, my buddy, told me that it was incredible. Finally they agreed to go. I know they are happy that they did.
I have never hired anyone to babysit Kevin before and didn't know what the "going rate" was for childcare. Oh my gosh!!!! I about fell over when I found out. It's between $6-$8 dollars an hour. (I think I will start babysitting!) It's a far cry from .50cents an hour. The only person who paid more were the Vesies, they paid Steph and I $1 hour and had snacks for us. We were in heaven when we could babysit them. Anyways, Andrew James had come over and watched Kevin for the adult fireside and he seemed to do great with him. So I called and he said "YES". He came over a little early and he and Kevin played the Wii game system. Andrew already knows how to play. Kevin had a blast. I forgot to tell Andrew that Kevin gets ready for bed around 7:45 and is always in bed by 9pm. He said Kevin just started brushing his teeth and got himself in bed. Wow! I usually have to pull up the covers. Say prayers, and Kevin tells me about his day! He must have been tired, cause he just fell asleep.
When we got to theater is was freezing cold. Steve and Jen picked us up. Kindof like a double date. It was fun! We finally went in and I realized it was theater in the round. I have never been to one before. But it sure made me think of Steph and how hard it would be to be the Prop manager or stage manager with all the exits, ect. We sat in our seats and there was fog all over the floor. Then it started. You are so close to the cast, it feels like you, yourself are in the production. The caroler's were decked out in 1800 dress and sang beautiful from all four corners of the room. Brother Winters, from out ward was one of the caroler's. Scrooge was excellent and of course the little boy that played tiny Tim was so cute and adorable. The entire production, music ect was so great!!!!! I told Jeff that Scrooge (the man who played him) could easily be a Jan Val Jan in Les Miserables!!! His voice was incredible. Oh, it was a musical. I didn't know that when I bought the tickets. I love musicals.
All I could think of during the production was Christ and his atonement allowed us to repent and begin again. We don't have to be stuck where we are, we just need to humble ourselves and accept this gift.
All year Jeff, Steph and I (Steph and I are on our second round this year!) have been reading in the book of Mormon, and especially Alma, teaches Redemption and Repentance, but it continues even till now and we are just in the last Chapter of Alma. I have been trying to "see our day" as I read the book of Mormon and never fails, I can see it.
So when Scrooge wants to change his life, all I could think about was us today. It is easy if you just humble yourself and do it.
Back to the play. I hope we can go again next year! It was so great! Now we know how to pick our tickets.
Jen and Steve wanted to go out to eat, but it was after 10pm and I told Andrew we should be back between 10 and 10:30pm. Jen and Steve drove Andrew home! What a terrific night!
So Dad and I recommend seeing "A Christmas Carol". Sean if you want to see it with Selena, you should have Aunt Steph tell you where to go. There is a theater in the round in Glendale.
Love the Christmas Season and the Spirit that comes with it!
"God Bless you every one",
Love MOM

No comments: