Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Thank you for the fantastic 50th Birthday!

I wanted to thank everyone for such a wonderful birthday! It started out with beautiful flowers from Sean, delivered bright and early! I will post a picture if I can figure it out.
Thank you Sean!

Dad and I walked the dogs around the figure 8 of our neighborhood! This is our second week of walking every morning, except Sunday. My calves aren't sore anymore. It was so beautiful out and much cooler than yesterday! I love walking with Dad!
Jeff, I love you with all my heart! Thanks for making this day perfect for me.

Aunt Stephanie called at 10:30, for our telephonic scripture study! But first, her annual "Happy Birthday" song. We all look forward to that call on our birthday.
Thanks Steph for a wonderful Birthday tradition!

We read Mosiah 22. Our daily scripture study, with Dad and Steph is the best part of my day, everyday! I love hearing Aunt Stephanie's voice when she read's Scousen's book and especially hearing Dad's voice as he reads the scriptures out loud. The only thing that would make it better, would be if all my family were here with me.

Then lunch at Olive Garden with Jen and Steve. It was delicious and we had such a great time. The funny part was the empty box with a candle in it! The perfect dessert, very low in calories!!!
Thanks Jen and Steve!

While at lunch I opened the birthday card with the blog site information! I am so excited. I have wanted this for such a long time so we all can stay connected. Families are so important and with Sean in California and the rest of us in Utah, maybe this will help to keep all of us in touch.

When we got home, there was a box on the door step. My mom sent me flowers! I can't wait to see them bloom. I was so surprised!
Thanks Mom, I love them!

Shortly after coming home there was a knock on the door and Sharon Dustin popped over to wish me a happy birthday! I haven't been called "KC" for so long. It was great to see her smiling face!

Grandma and Grandpa Crosier called me and wished me a happy birthday. It was terrific to talk to them and get caught up.
Thank you for the birthday wishes and the gift certificate!!!

Next there was another knock on the door, it was Rebecca Johnson. She wished me Happy Birthday and gave me wonderful book! Can't wait to read it.

Kevin wished me "Happy Birthday" when he got home, but he was really more concerned that I knew his birthday was going to be on November 11th!
Thanks Kevin!!!

I am thrilled about doing the family portrait this fall! The canyon is picture perfect for this in the fall.
Thank you Dad, Sean, Steve, Jen, Kevin and Nick!!!!

This is the best birthday ever! Thanks again.

Love,
MOM

3 comments:

Aunt Steph said...

Happy, happy Birthday Kathy dear!
Happy days will come to you all year!!
If I had one wish then it would be.... (that we both were skinny, and had lots of money, and all of our children lived close to us)....
A happy, HAPPY Birthday to you from me!!!

I love you Lamont!! I can't believe that we hit our 50th year already!! Don'cha still feel like we're just 28? But that would make the kids a LOT younger!!

JEN MARX said...

Glad you had a wonderful day and that you are using your blog! =)

JEN MARX said...

I made you an admin so you can change the background, title, etc now. If you are ever bored go to thecutestblogontheblock.com and look at their free backgrounds and find a different one you like.